Indian-Inspired Corn Salad
A Droosh twist on a classic Mexican corn salad. Experience the fusion of sweet corn with aromatic Indian spices, bell peppers, red onions, and fresh cilantro in this yummy salad. A perfect summer staple, that's easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for about a week. Makes for the perfect appetizer or side to accompany any of your fave summer and BBQ dishes. Recipe is courtesy of our girl Laura Hanson, @laurahansonsims!
- 4 cups grilled corn kernels (from about 4-5 ears of corn)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup plain natural yogurt, sour cream, or dahi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Party Spice Mix
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the grilled corn kernels, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper (if using), and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, yogurt or sour cream, vegetable oil, Chaat Party, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the cotija cheese on top of the salad.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.