Sev Puri-Inspired Naan Bites
These crispy and flavor-packed naan bites are the ultimate appetizer or snacking dish! Inspired by the classic Indian snack, sev puri, these naan bites get their personality from their toppings which can range from the traditional potatoes and chilis to shredded pork, like ours!
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- 1 can (10 tbsp) of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¾ cup of water
- Salt, to taste
- 12 oz of shredded pork, precooked (preferably smoked) (pork can be substituted for shredded chicken, ground turkey, grilled veggies or tofu)
- Sev, for serving
- Sliced serrano pepper, for serving
- Mini Naan rounds, for serving
- 3 tbsp of Chaat Party Spice Mix
- Melt the ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted, mix in the Chaat Party and tomato paste, stirring to combine.
- Pour in the lemon juice and water, and stir until smooth. Cook for about 3 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken, then add salt to taste.
- Stir in the shredded pork, making sure to fully coat in the sauce. Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Arrange the sev on a serving platter. Top with pork mixture, then garnish with sliced serrano pepper and chopped vermicelli noodles.