Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Indulge in a tasty and wholesome vegetarian spin on the classic tuna salad sandwich with our chickpea salad sandwich recipe. Mashed chickpeas, tahini, and a medley of mix-ins such as tomatoes, onions, and spices, all combined with the rich and warm flavors of our Everyday Spice, create a high-fiber and protein-packed meal that is both satisfying and nourishing.
This versatile chickpea mixture can be used as a sandwich filling or a dip for crackers or veggies, making it an ideal choice for anyone seeking more plant-based meal options that can be easily customized to fit their dietary needs.
SERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 15 min
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup of tahini*
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- Juice, 2 lemons (at least 3 tbsp)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of cilantro leaves
- 8 slices of sandwich bread (we prefer seeded)
- Iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes, for serving
- 2 tbsp Everyday Spice Mix
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, Everyday Spice, tahini, avocado oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, mash together, crushing chickpeas lightly. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Stir in the scallions and cilantro.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, spread chickpea mixture onto bread then top with lettuce and tomato.
- You can make the chickpea filling with any of your favorite ingredients like cucumbers, red onion, or carrots.
- *You can substitute tahini for mayo or yogurt.