Spicy Potatoes & Scrambled Eggs
Meet your new go-to breakfast or lunch OR even dinner! This recipe uses a combination of soft, sautéed potatoes and scrambled eggs, infused with the Everyday blend for some delicious, gingery and spicy flavor. This recipe is sure to give your typical scrambled eggs a new burst of flavor and warmth.
SERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 15-20 MIN
- 1-2 medium red or russet potatoes
- 2tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1tsp garlic paste or finely grated garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste or finely grated ginger
- 1 medium Spanish or other sweet onion diced
- 3 green chiles chopped
- 3 medium roma or plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Roti, pita, naan or rice, for serving
- S&P to taste
- 3tbsp The Everyday Spice Mix
- Optional add ons: Chicken sausage, tofu, bell peppers, cauliflower
- Step 1
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, then cut into ¼-inch slices. Submerge the potatoes in a bowl of salt water and set aside.
- Step 2
- Heat ghee in a heavy nonstick medium pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to turn golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 3
- Lower the heat to medium and add the green chiles and 1tbsp of Everyday mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the ghee is thoroughly infused with the spices, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and s&p to taste. Continue cooking on medium until most of the tomato liquid has evaporated and the ghee has separated, about 7 minutes.
- Step 4
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the pot. Add ½ cup water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir as needed to prevent the mixture from browning. Uncover and cook on medium-high until the potatoes are tender all the way through and most of the water has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 5
- Beat the eggs and stir them into the pot. Continue stirring until the eggs are scrambled about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with chapati, pita, naan or rice.
- You can always tweak the ingredient size based off how many people you're cooking for
- Add more eggs depending on the amount you usually eat