MAA'sala Chicken Tacos
Droosh spices are more than just Indian cuisine magic—they add a burst of flavor to various dishes. And when it comes to chicken tacos, the MAA'sala recipe from Droosh is a game-changer. Whether you wrap it in corn or flour tortillas or opt for lettuce wraps, these bite-sized chicken pieces will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more!
SERVINGS: 4 | PREP: 10 | COOK: 30
- 8 tortillas
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs (we suggest using chicken thighs!)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp Icon Spice Mix
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, or ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped for topping
- Serrano chilis, sliced for topping
- 2 large tomatoes, diced for topping
- 1 head lettuce, diced for topping
- Yogurt, for topping
- In a large bowl, mix Greek yogurt, Icon Spice Mix, half the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and avocado oil. Stir well.
- For chicken breasts, cut them into small-medium-sized cubes.
- Add chicken to the bowl and coat it thoroughly with the spiced yogurt mixture. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for more flavor infusion.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the marinated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If using chicken thighs, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Pan-frying option: Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, then lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Air-frying option: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Place the chicken in the air fryer and bake for 7-10 minutes for small chicken breasts, 10-12 minutes for medium, and 12-16 minutes for larger chicken breasts.
- Once the chicken is done, dice it up and squeeze fresh lemon juice over it. Top with chopped cilantro.
- To serve, add the chicken to your choice of tortillas and garnish with diced serrano chilis, tomatoes, lettuce, and a dollop of yogurt.