Naan Wraps Made with Tofu or Chicken
Looking for a quick and tasty meal? Try these Naan Wraps made with tender and flavorful chicken, or tofu, combined with veggies and a tangy yogurt sauce, all wrapped in a soft and pillowy naan bread. Follow the steps for MAA'sala chicken or Icon tofu to prep your protein. This dish is perfect for a satisfying meal or snack that can be customized to your liking with additional veggies like carrots and bell peppers.
SERVINGS: 6 | PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 25 min
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 thighs or 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (garlic paste works)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (ginger paste works)
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt of choice
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or 1 tsp ghee
- 1 cup cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- 2-4 tbsp Icon Spice Mix or Everyday Spice Mix
- 4 pieces naan
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 seedless cucumber
- Serrano chili, thinly sliced (remove seeds for less heat)
- Chaat raita (optional)
- Green chutney (optional)
Our fave: The Greek Gods plain traditional Greek yogurt
- Start by prepping your protein. If using chicken, pound it thin and season with salt and pepper. If using tofu, drain and press it, then cut into bite-sized pieces. We recommend following the MAA'sala Chicken recipe!
- In a large bowl, mix together minced garlic, minced ginger, Greek yogurt, juice from 1 lemon, and 2-4 tbsp of Icon Spice or Everyday Spice Mix . Add your protein to the bowl and mix until coated in the marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil or 1 tsp of ghee. Once hot, add the chicken or tofu and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes for chicken and 2-3 minutes for tofu.
- While your protein cooks, warm your naan on the stovetop or in the oven.
- To assemble your naan wraps, spread Chaat raita and green chutney (if using) on the warm naan. Add the MAA'sala chicken or tofu, fresh red onions, cucumbers, and serrano chilis. Squeeze some fresh lemons over the top and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of The Greek Gods plain traditional Greek yogurt on top. Enjoy!